a {MODERN DAY} powder room...

January 25, 2012

// paintings by the talented Leight Viner //

since i was little i've loved the idea of a powder room. a feminine space where you can display your perfumes, showcase your jewelry, and use as your very own fashion-sanctuary. growing up my mom had a room pretty spot-on to this description... but with leopard carpet! what a badass, right!? the fireman even remembers his grandma having a glamorous room just like this... minus the leopard carpet... but very OG {original gangster!}. he remembers her sneaking away to her (1950's beach bungalow) powder room and coming out looking like a glamorous movie star. so since we moved the fireman & i have this tiny extra room that is too small for a guest room, but is the PERFECT size for... you guessed it... a powder room! so now it's time to decorate this mini sanctuary... and i'd love to start with the walls! i recently found this Fashion Illustration Art, by Leight Viner, that i absolutely adore!! i think her art is romantic, elegant, and perfect for my {MODERN DAY} powder room!

*these beautiful illustration-paintings caught me eye because of their simplicity, lovely colors, and fashion-sketch theme.
**make sure to checkout the artist & more of her lovely work on her Etsy here!  



// above: i. LOVE. this. one. //





which pieces are you favorites???
i LOVE #1 & #4... but would like these in a set of 3! what should be my third choice?!?!


17 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures - I also love the idea of a powder room... so grown up and romantic :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I adore the 4th one down.

-Kate

paislea said...

these are wonderful! i would love to have these!!

allister bee blog

be sure enter my giveaway to win your very own shabby apple dress!

katie walker said...

ohh i love those! so gorgeous!

Fotograziosa said...

You're mom is a totally a badass! ;)

Jess said...

i love them all but the 4th down is my favorite. xx
http://www.laceandfadedjeans.com/

bevy said...

her artwork is amazing and I so want one or two for my own space someday. can't wait to see what you do with your own little powder room.

Secondhand Stella said...

Love them all. Its too hard to choose a favorite!

PS. Don't miss my bracelet giveaway :)

http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspired-winner-another-giveaway.html

Badass...;-) said...

That's what I'm talkin about...thanks for your kind comment of my office!

Love Your... Badass Mother ;-)

Molliee said...

I long to have a powder room too! jealous!

Badass...;-) said...

That's what I'm talkin about...thanks for your kind comment of my office!

Love Your... Badass Mother ;-)

Laura said...

I love 4 and 6 :)

http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

marie said...

#6 is pretty darn cool. Once your done I would love to see pics of such a chic powder room.

VANESSA said...

Ok I think we have a winning combo... 1, 4, & 6!!! I can't wait to get them!!! Thanks for the input guys :))

kelly @ paper doll theory said...

wow these are gorgeous!! i think they would go perfectly in a powder room. :) i'm always looking for great wall art. these are great!

love kelly

www.paperdolltheory.com

kelly @ paper doll theory said...

wow these are gorgeous!! i think they would go perfectly in a powder room. :) i'm always looking for great wall art. these are great!

love kelly

www.paperdolltheory.com

jessica // union shore said...

Leigh is one of my favorite artists! I own two of her pieces! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...