TUESDAY-HOW-TO: frosting cupcakes

March 27, 2012

///////// photo via /////////

hello Tuesday! remember {this} post where had our first "Tuesday HOW-TO"??! well today's lovely how-to is all about that sugary sweet dessert we all know and love........ we're talking cupcakes people! and with Spring in the air and Easter around the corner, i figured it's the perfect time to learn how-to properly frost a cupcake. like, really frost. so i found a few fabulous tutorial's that can help us become the pastry chef us cupcake connoisseurs always wanted to be! yay!

**make sure to check out each of the video's below... there are some really great tips in each one! enjoy!

FROSTING TIPS: (Left to Right)  Large round tip, Open star (Wilton 1M), Closed star (Wilton 2D), French tip {photo via}


{ great tip on how to fill your piping bag! i love the rose frosting too! }


{ this seems like a technique that would be fun to try and master. }

{ now these puppies look like the perfect little treat for Easter Sunday! i might have to try out this recipe too! }


{ Man, she's good. }


what do you think... are you going to try and whip together some frosting-skills before Easter sneaks up on us??? it could just be the perfect little treat to wow your family with on Easter Sunday!

8 comments:

Tulips & Tulle said...

Love this! Thanks for the tips!

I’d love it if you would stop by Tulips&Tulle sometime!

Elle Sees said...

This looks so easy but I'm sure I'd mess it p, hahaha

Sadie Dear said...

I need to get some frosting tips! I've made cupcakes twice in the last couple of weeks, and the frosting just got slathered on the top with a butter knife. It wasn't pretty, but it tasted wonderful! The next batch will be pretty.

Kira said...

I don't think I have ever made a cupcake in my life (not much of a baker) but they look so pretty when finished!

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

I love to bake and I'm starting to get really god at it, maybe in a few months I can try something like this.

bevy said...

gonna save this to my files. I may need to whip it out for the little one's upcoming birthday party.

VANESSA said...

gals-- i know i wrote this post... but i've learned a lot too! thanks for all the sweet comments! hope you're like my TUESDAY-HOW-TO's! xo's!

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

Love this! I feel like I spend a good chunk of my life frosting cupcakes haha.

XO,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...