homemade NAPKIN PILLOWS!

March 14, 2012

/////// photo's by the fashion gal ///////

one of my favorite things about moving into a new place is re-decorating! even if the re-decorating has to be done on a budget. i like making over my home like i would my wardrobe... by giving your older pieces a new life with little touches of color & texture. and when you have a {slightly} smaller budget that's when the creative wheels really have to start spinning! believe me, i think it would be fabulous to have a truck load of money to spend on a little home-make-over, but i do think it's pretty fun this way too! so here are my funky NAPKIN PILLOWS that instantly gave my couch the mini face-lift it was waiting for!

**these funky FABRIC NAPKINS are from West Elm. i wanted to make two fun pillows so i bought 4 napkins (on sale at West Elm) & 2 pillows from Ikea. my total cost was $13 per pillow... which added up to $26 for both pillows! and in the home furnishings world, that's a DEAL!

ok, let's get started!
... and when you get tired of these prints, just flip them around and you have two cool contrasting prints on the other side! not too shabby right?!


where do you like to shop for pillows?


17 comments:

Tulips & Tulle said...

Looks great!

I'd love if you had a sec to check out my newest restaurant review post via Tulips&Tulle!

Unknown said...

o0o That's a good idea!

-Kate

Katie*Belle said...

These look fantastic! And I agree, decorating is one of the best parts of moving into a new place.

paislea said...

these are wonderful!!! so cute and so easy!! great diy!

drop by allister bee soon!

CupcakesOMG! said...

omg you can sew!?!? so jealous! it's a skill my mind is simply not equipped to handle (i.e., engineering, construction, and numbers), but they look adorable!!

CupcakesOMG!

Kathy said...

Who would have guessed! So cool! xoxo
http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

Annie said...

You are just so fabulous & crafty! Loving those pillows - they look awesome :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

VANESSA said...

thanks gals!! they are super easy to make too! don't be intimidated by the sewing part... it's pretty basic. i hope you guys try it out! xxo!

hautepinkpretty said...

such a fun DIY! Love how simple it is to make but so awesome to decorate with <3 hautepinkpretty.com

Daniela said...

love the pattern on the third one...matches my couch/living room perfectly!

Me, Ed and Pea said...

Super cute!

Mal said...

Thats such a clever idea! They turned out great

Mal @ The Chic Geek

beckaboots said...

These are great! The pillow fairy must be biting people because I just made some pillows last week! I love fun and funky pillows! :)

Bekah

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Such a great idea! I hardly have time to sew anymore but I am going to remember this if I do find the time!

kelly @ paper doll theory said...

such a creative idea! pillows can be so expensive these days!

love kelly

www.paperdolltheory.com

alicia said...

great idea, i love them!

Anonymous said...

love the pillows- where did you get the napkins from?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...