5 things: vacation

April 04, 2012

// one: getting back into a healthy skin care regiment... i recently switched over to Clinique for most of my skin care products (while sticking with a few Dermalogica faves)... i've got to say i'm feeling pretty moisturized! so i took my tiny travel sizers and created a new regiment on my vaca! photo's by the fashion gal //


one of the best {& worst} things about a fabulous vacation is.... coming home. it's tough to want to leave warm sunny skies, venturing to cool new restaurants, and the relaxed feeling that comes with having a wide-open schedule. but at the same time there is nothing better then sleeping in your own bed and having your favorite coffee shop down the street make your ush. we had a great time at the desert this past week and even soaked in sun with tan lines to show for it. but now we're back to reality and finally sleeping in our own bed. ((ps: i realized how much i LOVE my own pillow.)) it's good to be back!

***if you like these "5 things" check out more where that came from here!!

// two: having a tiny to-do-list... a second 3:00 coffee was at the top of our list everyday. sounds like a vaca to me! // 
// three: all the bright colors that come with a warm desert vava... neon bikini's from H&M. they're my new favorites! //
// four: creating new cocktails... this little concoction was sparkling orange soda & blueberry Stoli... with a bunch of fresh orange slices and a handful of homemade rosemary n' sea salted mix nuts. YUM. //
 // five: kicking your feet up and reeeelaxing... the fireman mastered this skill by day two. //


what are your favorite things about taking a little vacation???
oh, i guess eating at new delicious restaurants would be another... stay tuned for WE LIKE FOOD next week. we found a great little lunch spot that i look forward to sharing with..... you!


11 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

fabulous post, love. thanks for sharing. If you get a sec, Lauren Conrad has picked me as one of her 3 favorite bloggers. It would mean the world if you could take a second to vote. Thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous post (you have a great set up here and lovely writing style) ... I love e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g about a vacation though from a 3 day one to a 2 week one. I am always more relaxed, spontaneous and carefree when im holidaying and its something I want to emmulate once I get home but it never seems to happen! There really is no substitue for your own bed though so its nice always having something to look forward to coming home too :)

Anna xo
http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

Vacation, oh oh oh! I need one so bad but August can't come sooner!

Unknown said...

ohhh I'm so jealous for this vacation I want so much do the same!I like your dog too! :)
I like your blog so would you like follow each other?I'll be waiting for you! :D
xoxo
Faby

Norah {Busan and Beyond} said...

Your blog is adorable! Love the cocktails and your beach bag. I went to Palm Desert about this time 4 years ago, which I just realized is way too long! Looks like you had a blast :)

Heather said...

I love coming home to a clean house! Unfortunately usually before a vacation I'm running around and destroying things, so I usually come back to a disaster :(

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That cocktail sounds delicious, and I just so happen to have some blueberry Stoli at home right now :) xoxo, morgan

Me, Ed and Pea said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I have to try that cocktail!!

hope in high heels said...

Oh, that all looks absolutely gorgeous - you've touched on all my favourite things... I'd perhaps add one more - walking along the beach every morning and finishing up with a fesh, fruity juice. Oh, and sleeping 10 hours a night! Gorgeous photos - your dog is SO cute!

Morgan Brooks said...

I am glad you are relaxing. Everyone needs a little R&R. This blog is simply lovely. Thank you so much for this wonderful post!
xoxo
Morgan
http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog and I am loving it! Where is your adorable polka dot straw bag from??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...