DIY + JUJU

January 13, 2012

// photo's via //

i recently stubbled upon a this fabulous photo {above} and was instantly curios about who, what, when, & where that fun furry piece of art was from! with a little browsing & internet surfing i learned that these unique & colorful puppies are called "Juju Hat's" and are African ceremonial headdresses (from Camaroon) that hit the design world hard early last year! i think (when done right) these furry little guys can add the perfect amount of color & texture into a room. when i was doing my reserch on these cool "Juju Hat's" i found an amazing DIY from the gals at Design Sponge... but instead of feathers, they used a funky wide yarn! now that is speaking my language!! 

*for more home inspiration click here & and for more fun n' easy DIY's go here





 Juju Hat DIY:
{with yarn, not feathers... DIY by Design Sponge}

{i just ADORE this yarn & the texture it can add to a room. for the step-by-step DIY go to Design Sponge and get inspired! and if you would rather get this cool yarn creation just shipped to your doorstep... go here. yup, i found it on etsy for ya! enjoy!}


what do YOU think about this fun little trend?? are you a fan!? i know i am!



20 comments:

Heather said...

What a great idea - and that first picture is just stunning!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

paislea said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! i love these! i did something similar, on a much smaller scale, but i love how big and fat these are! i'm definitely going to have to give them a try!!

allister bee blog

Kassi said...

I absolutely adore these. I hadn't seen them before. Now I really want one! Thanks for sharing.

I am a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog sometime and follow back if you're interested!

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

Very cool, don't know if the boy would go for it since it looks a bit like a flower and I am banned from picking flower designs in our apt. but its very pretty!

XO,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love this!! They really liven up the room. Cant wait to try making one

alicia said...

definitely a fan! they're all so gorgeous.

Kira said...

They are so fun! I love the yarn DIY!

Molliee said...

OMG I need one of these asap!

Femke. said...

Oh really love this!!

XOXF. - www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

Sandra Leiva said...

Amazing decoration!
Thanks for your comment, and sure, let's follow each other! <3

bevy said...

I've seen 'em popping up in decor. I think they make things fun!

Unknown said...

Hi my dear!!!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment....!!! :)
Yes,we could follow each other...
I start following you!! and I'll wait you... ;) ;)

NICE PICTURES!!

http://thechicetoile.blogspot.com/

KISSES FROM ITALY

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Such a great idea! I must try that :) I would love to have a big bright yellow one. So cute! Cute blog you have here :) Happy Weekend!

Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

Carried Away said...

I awarded you:

http://thebookoffaces.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-was-awarded-creative-blog-award.html

Melanie @ Live from B5 said...

I recently did another DIY Juju hat with feather boas. I'd love for you to check it out here!

http://livefromb5.blogspot.com/2011/12/juju-hat-diy.html

Annie said...

I LOVE it! Looks awesome, and such a fun DIY :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

two birds said...

pinning this. saving this post. i love this idea! my son has a string of pom poms in his room, so this would make the perfect wall hanging! thanks for the inspiration!!

Ella said...

I love it, it looks so nice!


xx
E

byebye-blondie.blogspot.com

Gameday Stylist said...

Love this DIY - so cute :)

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

Erin and Andrew Dodson said...

Great inspiration! Love the colors.

Erin & Andrew Dodson
www.erinandreweverafter.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...