BIRTHDAY GIRL.

December 10, 2012


oh yes, it's true! this birthday girl is wishing her twenties a warm bon voyage, and is welcoming her thirties with excitement for the fabulous future ahead!

over the weekend i had some time to think about all the amazing things i was able to experience in my twenties. here are a few of my big moments as a twenty-something-year-old: being the first person in my family to graduate college, living in another country (London), getting my first job in the fashion industry (& being overwhelmed with excitement... and slightly terrified too), saying goodbye to family members & welcoming new ones, living alone in my studio apartment in Hermosa Beach, becoming comfortable with myself & figuring out who i am (that's was a big one), going through break-ups & and meeting "the one", traveling to countries i never thought i would visit (China & Indonesia), falling in love, getting my first animal as an adult, writing a blog, planning my wedding with my mom, and saying "i do" to the best guy i've ever met.


i feel lucky to have had these experiences with a loving family on my side, friends in my corner, and now an amazing husband that always has my back. today i am thankful for my killer twenties and look forward to my fabulous thirties... and what the future has in store!



happy birthday!!!!!
to me.



6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! I am turning 30 in a few weeks, and I am excited. Thirties are the new twenties, right?

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa
Congradulations...with all that knowledge gained in your 20's ...Now you know how to really enjoy life in your thirties!
Love Mom

VANESSA said...

Thanks mom!
And Tiffany-- ABSOLUTELY!!!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Wow you experienced so much in your 20s! So much fabulous, and I am wishing you even more adventures in the next decade!
xx
Here&Now

Rosie said...

AW this made me tear up! So happy for you Vanessa and happy birthday!! xo

Jade Rose McArthur said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...