old school skills...

November 23, 2011


there are a couple old-school-skills that ladies {like my grandmother} did on a daily basis back in the day. one being crochet! she was a pretty hip lady and would crochet while watching the Laker games and yelling at Phil Jackson like she was his assistant coach! but that lady would multi-task like a champ and could make anything from pot holders to a sweater in one sitting! that is, if the game went into overtime. i am lucky to have grown up with such crafty woman in my family. my grandma taught me how to crochet & knit at an early age... and they are both past-times i still enjoy doing. i'm actually looking forward to taking some time this Thanksgiving {after dinner with a belly full of food} and crocheting a chunky warm headband. we'll see how it turns out!

*do you crochet or knit? or both?
**i also love knitting on roadtrips with the fireman. he's totally used to it now, but when we fist started dating and i would bring my yarn and needles on a trip. i think he was a bit nervous he was dating a grandma... but he's come around!

a little crochet inspiration for you...
A Jar Cusie via
Leg Warmers via
A Granny Basket via
Cozy Cosies via
Puff Daddy Ottoman's via
The Coziest Throw via
Crocheted Headband via

{I'll be following this how-to after Thanksgiving dinner next to the fireplace at my mom's!}


{if you're a first time Crochet{er} here is how to do a basic single-stitch!}


so is anyone else looking forward to doing their favorite crafty project after Thanksgiving dinner?? a belly full of food & crochet needles in my hand(?)... isn't that normal? sounds pretty perfect to me! ;) xo- the gal!

11 comments:

Carried Away said...

Oh knitting...I haven't done that in a while but used to love it when I was a child. My grandma was the expert in the family also :) I should get back to it...I remember how fun and relaxing it was :)

Annie said...

Um...I want every knit thing you posted there...SO cute. I don't knit, but you're making me wish I did!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Sandra Leiva said...

I love crochet!!
Looks great on the coffe! hehe.
<3

Fabrizia said...

I really enjoyed this post! I love your sense of style!

Fox House giveaway on my blog!
Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???

Melissa Tchieu said...

so many creative ideas from jus crochet!! WOW

Meena said...

Wow...the second pic is too cute...baby leg warmers!!

Check out my COASTAL SCENTS giveway if you're interested!

http://www.dashysassy.com/2011/11/my-first-giveaway-is-here.html

www.dashysassy.com

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh my goodness! I would so knit just to make those adorable leg warmers. So cute!

bevy said...

my grandmother crocheted too! wish i had took the time to learn it.

kira said...

I LOVE those leg warmers!

Erin said...

My friend has a crochet business and I rock the slouchy hat almost on a daily basis! Love this.

Xo,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

dressupsandmessups said...

Awe I didn't know you crocheted! I have been crocheting for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. It is such a nice past time. I'd love to see some more things you've made.

<3 Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...